Bequia (pr. Bek-way).
Part of the Grenadine Island chain, 9 miles west of Mustique and Just 7 sq. miles in size. With it’s warm climate and average temperature range of 75 to 85 degrees (24 to 29c) throughout the year Bequia is the perfect small Caribbean Island we all dream of.
Friendly and welcoming people, simple unhurried lifestyle, beautiful beaches and natural beauty, make it one of the few Caribbean Islands to have retained it’s original character and old world charm.
Any time of the year is wonderful here. There is no bad time to visit being far enough south to avoid hurricanes. Some of the best times to visit are during the summer months of June, July and August when all our beautiful flora is in full bloom, the fruit crops are prolific and we are knee deep in mangos!
With it’s centuries old traditions of inter-island shipping and trading Bequians have been welcoming visitors to their shores for generations. Don’t be surprised if you are met with a warm hello by complete strangers you pass on the road.
Bequia fulfils many dreams of the perfect small Caribbean Island with it’s beautiful sandy beaches, lush green hillsides, and unhurried, simple lifestyle.
Do as much or as little as you want!
Most guests chill out around the pool, explore the Plantation and congregate in the bar for drinks in the evening. However there are so many activities here on Bequia including...
- Pamper yourself with a relaxing coconut oil massage in our Spa Room
- Test your golf skills on our ‘Cross Country Golf Course’
- Book a guided hike, exploring the nature and history of Bequia
- Play a round of Croquet on our croquet lawn
- Take a day sail to the Tobago Cays on the Friendship Rose
- Go Diving with Dive Bequia
- Take a Taxi Tour and explore the island
- Visit the Model Boat Building Shops
- Take a day sail to a deserted island
- Take a Water Taxi to a deep water snorkelling site
- Have a picnic on the beach
- Visit the Bequia Book Shop and find a great gift to take home
- Take the Plantation tour and learn how to crack a coconut
- Visit a local rum shop and ‘Lime’ with the locals
- Stroll up to the Turtle Sanctuary and see the Leather Backs
Island Flora & Fauna
The Spring Valley and Firefly Plantation is a glory of verdant greenery with prolific wild and cultivated fruits, vegetables and flora. There is always something in bloom whatever the season, be it an explosion of colourful bougainvillea, a fragrant frangipani or the delicate sweet scent of orange blossom.
There is an abundance of wildlife on Bequia. We have numerous birds including hummingbirds, booby birds, frigates and osprey. If you are lucky you may see an iguana or manicou scurrying through the bushes.